2013_”Mark Appleyard”, pencil, 12″x18″. (c)Dell Fontaine.
BERKSHIRE ART ASSOCIATION COLLEGE ART FELLOWSHIPS 2014 CALL FOR ENTRIES
THE BERKSHIRE ART ASSOCIATION WILL AWARD UP TO $5,000 in fellowships and prizes to college art students in 2014. Artwork will be selected for exhibition.
ONLY CURRENTLY ENROLLED college art students (Freshmen-Seniors) are eligible, specifically:
- Berkshire County, MA, residents or Berkshire high school graduates currently enrolled in art in any college
- Art majors (from anywhere) currently enrolled in a Berkshire County, MA, college
Note: High school seniors entering college are NOT eligible.
ENTRY IS BY A CD PORTFOLIO with jpeg images of 8-10 pieces of recent work. (Please submit jpegs only, NOT Powerpoint presentations.) Work should be related by point of view, subject matter, or media. Jurors are artists and art professionals. Please include small paper prints of each image indicating size, media, top, title of work.
WINNERS will have specific works selected for the 2014 BAA FELLOWSHIP SHOW at the LICHTENSTEIN CENTER FOR THE ARTS, 28 Renne Avenue, Pittsfield, MA. Any work submitted on the CD should be available for the BAA Fellowship Show. Work should be presented professionally, ready to exhibit, and priced, if for sale.
- ENTRY DEADLINE_____March 4, 2014 (Tuesday)
- Notification_________By March 14, 2014
- DELIVERY of work_____BY APPOINTMENT (for students with Spring Break conflicts), AFTERNOONS: March 29 (SAT pm); March 31 (Mon); April 1 (Tu) Lichtenstein Center for the Arts, 28 Renne Ave., Pittsfield
- BAA Fellowship Show__April 4-April 26, 2014, Hours WED-SAT, Noon-5 pm
- AWARDS Reception___April 12 (SAT), 4-6 pm – Awards presented at 5 pm
- PICK-UP of work______BY APPOINTMENT: April 26 (SAT-after 5 pm) or by special arrangement
ENTRY CHECK LIST
- ___ Application Form
- ___One CD with jpeg images of 8 – 10 pieces. Label CD with your name and school.
- ___One print-out of each image. Number or title as it appears on CD. Indicate size, media, top.
- ___A one page list of work, including title, date, media, size, and price if for sale
- ___Short Artist Statement (200 words or less)
- ___Self-addressed, stamped envelope if you desire CD returned
Liability: Every precaution will be taken in handling artwork, but the neither the Berkshire Art Association nor the Lichtenstein Center may not be held liable for loss or damage of submitted work. BAA Fellowship recipients agree to abide by the Exhibition Process of the Lichtenstein Center with delivery and removal of work selected for exhibition at agreed upon times. In 2014, the BAA will have storage for accepted work by students who will be away on Spring Break at the scheduled delivery dates.
————— APPLICATION FORM (May also be downloaded by clicking HERE) ———–
First Name___________________________Last Name_______________________________
Current year in College _____Freshman _____Sophomore _____Junior _____Senior
Address at college____________________________________________________________
Cell/School Phone______________________________Best time to call__________________
E-MAIL ADDRESS______________________________(Please use “BAA” as subject in e-mails)
Home address________________________________Home phone__________________
Where did you learn about the Fellowship?_________________________________________
Mail ENTRY PACKAGE to
c/o Mary Rentz, 409 East New Lenox Road, Pittsfield, MA 01201
Package must be received by
DEADLINE: MARCH 4, 2014